- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 40 Saltine Cracker Squares
- 1 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground nuts (optional) any kind you like!
- Grease cookie that has sides--I used a 10x15 jelly roll pan.
- Place crackers right side up in a single layer.
- Mix butter and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Spread over crackers and bake at 375º for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Let stand for a few minutes--then smooth out with a knife (like you're frosting the top).
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Allow to cool.
- You can store it in an airtight container or freeze to use later.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More