- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1 lb) box angel food cake mix
- 1 1/4 c strawberry flavored soda
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- 2 c sifted powdered sugar
- 4 T strawberry soda
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except substitute 1 1/4 c soda and 1/4 c hone for the 1 1/4 c water. Bake as directed. Remove from oven and set upside-down until cooled.
- When cooled and removed from pan, prepare glaze: combine melted butter, powdered sugar, remaining 4 T soda, and food coloring in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth and drizzling consistency. Spread/drizzle over top of cooled cake.
NotesMy husband loves angel food cake, but I hate it and decided to give this recipe a try anyway for him...and I loved it! For the soda, I bought a 20 oz Strawberry Fanta. I think this recipe would also be good made with Big Red but we cannot buy that where we have moved. When making the cake do NOT use a plastic bowl or plastic utensils during the mixing or your cake will not rise properly b/c of oils that get trapped in plastic. I did not have an angel food pan so I used a large bundt pan and a loaf pan (the directions on the box say you can use 2 loaf pans, but I don't have 2). Make sure not to over fill your pans or it will over flow in the oven. I filled each pan of mine half full and it rose all the way to the top of both. Be sure to cool the cakes according to the box directions. When completely cooled, loosen cake from sides of pan with a butterknife or your cake will tear. Be very gentle with it.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More