- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 pounds potatoes (recommended: Yukon gold)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Fill a large pot with water, salt and potatoes and bring to boil.
- Cook until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium sauce pot over medium heat.
- When oil is hot add onions and peppers and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until it begins to brown.
- Lower the heat and add tomato paste and stir for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then stir in butter and cream and set aside, covered to keep warm.
- When potatoes are fork tender, drain water and mash slowly adding the sofrito mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro.
Notesoff of guy's big bite on the food network. YUMMY!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More