- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 15
- 5 medium yellow onions
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 4 head of garlic
- Big bunch of cilantro
- Fully wash the peppers, parsley and the cilantro.
- Pat the cilantro dry with a paper towel.
- Remove all the seeds and stems.
- Slice the peppers into long strips about 1/4" in width.
- Peel the onions and cut into 8 pieces.
- Drain the water from the garlic and peel each garlic clove.
- Mix vegetables in a mixer or food processor starting with the onions, then garlic, peppers and cilantro.
- You might have to fill the mixer more than once.
- Mix until it is pureed and pour the sofrito into a large bowl.
- Add salt.
- Mix thoroughly until the salt is evenly distributed.
- Put a small amount of sofrito in a container and store in your refridgerator for everyday use. Store the rest in the freezer for later use.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More