- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 15
- 5 medium yellow onions
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 4 head of garlic
- Big bunch of cilantro
- Fully wash the peppers, parsley and the cilantro.
- Pat the cilantro dry with a paper towel.
- Remove all the seeds and stems.
- Slice the peppers into long strips about 1/4" in width.
- Peel the onions and cut into 8 pieces.
- Drain the water from the garlic and peel each garlic clove.
- Mix vegetables in a mixer or food processor starting with the onions, then garlic, peppers and cilantro.
- You might have to fill the mixer more than once.
- Mix until it is pureed and pour the sofrito into a large bowl.
- Add salt.
- Mix thoroughly until the salt is evenly distributed.
- Put a small amount of sofrito in a container and store in your refridgerator for everyday use. Store the rest in the freezer for later use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Adventures in CookingSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More