- Cooking Time: 11-13 minutes
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 1/3 cup for rolling
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature and cut into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and still warm
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine milk & ginger in a small cup. Heat in microwave for about 20 seconds. Set aside to steep.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together sugar and cream cheese.
- Blend in warm melted butter.
- Add oil, egg, milk steeped with ginger, and vanilla extract. Blend until combined.
- Fold in flour mixture with rubber spatula until incorporated and a soft dough forms.
- Fold in chopped candied ginger.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes until it firms enough to roll into balls.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop, portion out 12 dough balls per baking sheet.
- Roll each dough ball in your hands, then roll in sugar to coat.
- Space about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 1 sheet at time at 350°F for 11-13 minutes, until set and just beginning to brown on the bottom. (They might not look done, but don’t over bake!) Cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More