- Cooking Time: 11-13 minutes
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 1/3 cup for rolling
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature and cut into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and still warm
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine milk & ginger in a small cup. Heat in microwave for about 20 seconds. Set aside to steep.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together sugar and cream cheese.
- Blend in warm melted butter.
- Add oil, egg, milk steeped with ginger, and vanilla extract. Blend until combined.
- Fold in flour mixture with rubber spatula until incorporated and a soft dough forms.
- Fold in chopped candied ginger.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes until it firms enough to roll into balls.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop, portion out 12 dough balls per baking sheet.
- Roll each dough ball in your hands, then roll in sugar to coat.
- Space about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 1 sheet at time at 350°F for 11-13 minutes, until set and just beginning to brown on the bottom. (They might not look done, but don’t over bake!) Cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More