- Cooking Time: 13
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cool and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats (do not use quick cooking oats)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°; position rack in the center of oven.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together until ingredients are evenly distributed; set aside.
- Soften the butter in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, about 1 minute.
- Add both sugars, and corn syrup; continue beating on medium speed about 2 more minutes until soft, light, and pale brown.
- Beat in the egg, then the egg white, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Turn off beaters; add the prepared flour mixture (in stages, if necessary) and beat on low speed just until incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon until the chips are evenly distributed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a large ungreased baking sheet, preferably nonstick, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake 6 minutes, rotate the baking sheet from front to back, continue baking for about 7 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned, somewhat soft, but definitely set.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cool the baking sheet for 5 minutes before baking another batch or use a second baking sheet that hasn’t been in the oven.
- Storage: 5 days at room temperature; not recommended for freezing.
- *Note: reduce the chocolate chips to 1 ½ cups and add 1 ½ cups of any of the following or a combination of the following—butterscotch chips, chopped pecans, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, M&Ms, milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, raisins, Reese’s Pieces, roasted unsalted peanuts, sweetened shredded coconut, or white chocolate chips
NotesA great cookie from "The Ultimate Chocolate Cookie Book"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Simple Homemade Favorites
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More