- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGrowing up, my mom made these chocolate chip cookies. I always loved them because they were soft instead of hard and crunchy like so many cookies. Even after all these years, she still remembers that these are my favorite.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp soda
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- Chocolate chips or raisins
- Cream shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add well beaten eggs. Dissolve soda in 1 Tbs water and add to mixture.
- Add milk, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Add chocolate chips or raisins.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.