- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp soda
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- Chocolate chips or raisins
- Cream shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add well beaten eggs. Dissolve soda in 1 Tbs water and add to mixture.
- Add milk, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Add chocolate chips or raisins.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
NotesGrowing up, my mom made these chocolate chip cookies. I always loved them because they were soft instead of hard and crunchy like so many cookies. Even after all these years, she still remembers that these are my favorite.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
A Falcon Feast
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More