- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp soda
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- Chocolate chips or raisins
- Cream shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add well beaten eggs. Dissolve soda in 1 Tbs water and add to mixture.
- Add milk, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Add chocolate chips or raisins.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
NotesGrowing up, my mom made these chocolate chip cookies. I always loved them because they were soft instead of hard and crunchy like so many cookies. Even after all these years, she still remembers that these are my favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More