- Cooking Time: 50 min.
- Servings: 46
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups bittersweet or dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 400ºF. You’ll need an ungreased baking sheet(s).
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, baking soda and salt with mixer on medium 2 minutes until creamy. Beat in eggs until fluffy. On low speed, beat in flour until blended. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on baking sheet(s). Bake 8 minutes or until golden. Cool 2 minutes; remove cookies to a rack to cool further. Store airtight up to 1 week.
- Plan ahead: Freeze dropped dough on baking sheets; when firm, place in a ziptop bag and freeze. Bake right out of the freezer (add 1 or 2 minutes to baking time).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
The Blue Family Favorites<3See More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More