- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Notes"These are my favorite cookies for the holidays. They keep amazingly well in a closed container at room temperature."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More