- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 envelope yeast (1 Tbs)
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 4 c. flour
- Soften yeast in warm water.
- Add the salt, sugar and 1/2 of the flour; stir.
- Add additional flour, you'll need to knead the last 1 cup of flour.
- After all has been kneaded, I usually use a rolling pin and roll out to 9 x 13, and then cut.
- Take the dough between your hands and make a long snake and then shape into pretzel; laying on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with salt(kosher).
- Bake 425 for 12-15 minutes.
NotesI was looking for a soft pretzel recipe one day and after looking through all of my cook books and coming up empty handed I decided to call my Mom because she has tons of cookbooks. She found this recipe in one of hers and I think they taste great.
Hope you enjoy!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More