- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 13/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup All-Bran cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins (or dried cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir together flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; add alternately with pumpkin to creamed mixture.
- Stir in All-Bran, nuts and raisins.
- Blend well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
NotesSince these cookies contain Bran, they are very healthy so you can eat more (than you should). They are also very good with a light lemon glaze.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Teriyaki Salmon and Green Onion Kabobs
"Lightened Up" Carrot CakeSee More