Soft Shrimp Tacos
1 cup total of yellow, red & green bell pepper strips
1 cup vertically sliced white onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
0% greek yogurt for garnish
- To prepare tacos, place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cumin, chili powder; saute 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Spoon 1/2 cup shrimp mixture over one half of each tortilla.
- Top with about cheese, salsa and yogurt; fold tortillas in half.
Pairs Well With
The weather has been dreary lately and so I wanted to add some freshness to our dinner tonight. What better way than to bring the flavors of shrimp tacos with a touch of sweet tropical salsa?!
Here is the recipe for Soft Shrimp Tacos, adapted from CookingLight.com. Its best served with another recipe I have for Tropical Salsa: