- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup total of yellow, red & green bell pepper strips
- 1 cup vertically sliced white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 0% greek yogurt for garnish
- - To prepare tacos, place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- - Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- - Add shrimp, cumin, chili powder; saute 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- - Stir in cilantro.
- - Spoon 1/2 cup shrimp mixture over one half of each tortilla.
- - Top with about cheese, salsa and yogurt; fold tortillas in half.
NotesThe weather has been dreary lately and so I wanted to add some freshness to our dinner tonight. What better way than to bring the flavors of shrimp tacos with a touch of sweet tropical salsa?!
Here is the recipe for Soft Shrimp Tacos, adapted from CookingLight.com. Its best served with another recipe I have for Tropical Salsa:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More