- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup total of yellow, red & green bell pepper strips
- 1 cup vertically sliced white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 0% greek yogurt for garnish
- - To prepare tacos, place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- - Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- - Add shrimp, cumin, chili powder; saute 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- - Stir in cilantro.
- - Spoon 1/2 cup shrimp mixture over one half of each tortilla.
- - Top with about cheese, salsa and yogurt; fold tortillas in half.
NotesThe weather has been dreary lately and so I wanted to add some freshness to our dinner tonight. What better way than to bring the flavors of shrimp tacos with a touch of sweet tropical salsa?!
Here is the recipe for Soft Shrimp Tacos, adapted from CookingLight.com. Its best served with another recipe I have for Tropical Salsa:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Breads and Pastry 101
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More