- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C. sugar
- 1 C. buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. soda disolved in 2 T. vinegar
- 1 C. shortening
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 C. flour
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop by large tsp. on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with colored sugars or holiday sprinkles of your choice or leave plain.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies start to brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- These freeze great and thaw quickly.
NotesMy mother game me this recipe many years ago, and she had received it from my dad's secretary after my dad came home bragging about how great these cookies were. My whole family loves them, and they are the first ones to disappear at Christmas time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Taste of CenturyLink
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More