- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C. sugar
- 1 C. buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. soda disolved in 2 T. vinegar
- 1 C. shortening
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 C. flour
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop by large tsp. on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with colored sugars or holiday sprinkles of your choice or leave plain.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies start to brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- These freeze great and thaw quickly.
NotesMy mother game me this recipe many years ago, and she had received it from my dad's secretary after my dad came home bragging about how great these cookies were. My whole family loves them, and they are the first ones to disappear at Christmas time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More