- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until dough comes together.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and roll the balls in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes, until bottom is light brown.
- Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.