- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stir into the creamed mixture until dough comes together.
- roll dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in sugar. Place them on an unprepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottom in light brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More