- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4- 6
- Preparation Time: 12
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 8 ounces raw turkey sausages
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- salt & pepper
- shredded lettuce
- Heat the oil in medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, the salsa, and a couple TBS of water.
- Cover, cook for 5 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a bowl.
- Squish the sausage meat from its casing into the same skillet.
- (Discard the casing) Break the meat up with a spoon.
- Cook the meat over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until it loses its color.
- Add the meat to the vegetables.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Set aside.
- Assemble tacos and serve.
NotesMy family and I love this twist on Mexican food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More