- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4- 6
- Preparation Time: 12
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 8 ounces raw turkey sausages
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- salt & pepper
- shredded lettuce
- Heat the oil in medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, the salsa, and a couple TBS of water.
- Cover, cook for 5 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a bowl.
- Squish the sausage meat from its casing into the same skillet.
- (Discard the casing) Break the meat up with a spoon.
- Cook the meat over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until it loses its color.
- Add the meat to the vegetables.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Set aside.
- Assemble tacos and serve.
NotesMy family and I love this twist on Mexican food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More