- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4- 6
- Preparation Time: 12
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 8 ounces raw turkey sausages
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- salt & pepper
- shredded lettuce
- Heat the oil in medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, the salsa, and a couple TBS of water.
- Cover, cook for 5 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a bowl.
- Squish the sausage meat from its casing into the same skillet.
- (Discard the casing) Break the meat up with a spoon.
- Cook the meat over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until it loses its color.
- Add the meat to the vegetables.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Set aside.
- Assemble tacos and serve.
NotesMy family and I love this twist on Mexican food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More