- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 store-bought graham cracker pie shells OR 1 homemade graham cracker crust in 9" springform pan (see recipe for why)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups ricotta cheese (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsps orange zest
- 2 tbsps lemon zest (or 1 tsp of lemon extract - that's what I use)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir ricotta, flour, orange and lemon zests, vanilla, and salt until mixed in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat 4 eggs until foamy.
- Add sugar and continue to beat until thick.
- Fold into ricotta mixture until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 2 store-bought graham cracker pie shells, or 1 homemade graham cracker crust in a 9" springform pan. (This recipe makes a LOT of filling - you can easily just make one pie and freeze the rest of the mixture, but why not do 2? The pie freezes well once baked.)
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack, and let set in fridge for at least 4 hours.
NotesGrandma claims she can't bake. More like she gave me the most screwed up directions ever...but ah ha, I cannot be stopped from recreating it!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More