- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 store-bought graham cracker pie shells OR 1 homemade graham cracker crust in 9" springform pan (see recipe for why)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups ricotta cheese (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsps orange zest
- 2 tbsps lemon zest (or 1 tsp of lemon extract - that's what I use)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir ricotta, flour, orange and lemon zests, vanilla, and salt until mixed in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat 4 eggs until foamy.
- Add sugar and continue to beat until thick.
- Fold into ricotta mixture until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 2 store-bought graham cracker pie shells, or 1 homemade graham cracker crust in a 9" springform pan. (This recipe makes a LOT of filling - you can easily just make one pie and freeze the rest of the mixture, but why not do 2? The pie freezes well once baked.)
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack, and let set in fridge for at least 4 hours.
NotesGrandma claims she can't bake. More like she gave me the most screwed up directions ever...but ah ha, I cannot be stopped from recreating it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More