- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 6 ripe Barlett Pears (you determine quantity, this recipe is for 6)
- Somebody's Mother's Caramel Sauce
- Dulce de Leche ice cream
- fresh mint
- Cut the thin ends off of each pear (about a 1/2 inch down). Peel the skin with a peeler about half-way down around the whole pear. Using a long, thin paring knife, carefully core the center of the pears, but don't cut through to the bottom. Ripe Barletts are wonderfully tender and the centers will scoop out easily.
- Marinate the pears in brandy in the refrigerator for about an hour, occasionally 'basting' them with the brandy.
- Dust the pears with cinnamon and bake in an 8-inch square baking pan at 350 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the pears are baking, cook 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup water somewhat slowly, stirring continuously until it becomes a thick syrup. Add about 1/2 cup raspberries and cook one or two more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove pears from oven and fill the centers about halfway with Somebody's Mother's Caramel Sauce and the raspberry syrup. Return to oven and bake for an additional 7-8 minutes. Let the pears cool.
- Before serving, fill the pears with Dulce de Leche ice cream. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top and garnish with a fresh raspberry and a sprig of fresh mint.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Cooking with Sabra
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More