- Cooking Time: 80
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Somebody's Mother's Mother's Pie Crust
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples (Granny Smith, Rome, Fuji, Macintosh & Winesap; we used Honeycrisp)
- 1/4 cup Somebody's Mother's Caramel Sauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs cream
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly brush the inside of an unbaked pie shell with the caramel sauce, then place the first seven ingredients, which have been mixed well together, on top. Dot with the stick of butter.
- Then strip the pie in a lattice fashion. Around the edge of the pie, put a strip of foil, and bake for about 45-60 minutes. The last 15-20 minutes take off the foil and finish browning.
- Spoon warm caramel sauce over the top of each slice of pie.
NotesMy mother's apple pie
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More