- Cooking Time: n/a
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryMy mother's pie crust recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbs ice water
- Sift the flour with the salt into a bowl.
- With a pastry blender or the fingertips, blend the butter into the flour and salt mixture. Stir in the egg yolk and water.
- Form the pastry into a ball. Wrap it in wax paper and chill for two hours. Knead the pastry for one minute or until it holds together.
- Roll on lightly floured board and fit the pastry into 9" pie plate. You will have enough to use for stripping or ad added strip around the edge.
Simple Homemade Favorites
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More