- Cooking Time: n/a
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbs ice water
- Sift the flour with the salt into a bowl.
- With a pastry blender or the fingertips, blend the butter into the flour and salt mixture. Stir in the egg yolk and water.
- Form the pastry into a ball. Wrap it in wax paper and chill for two hours. Knead the pastry for one minute or until it holds together.
- Roll on lightly floured board and fit the pastry into 9" pie plate. You will have enough to use for stripping or ad added strip around the edge.
NotesMy mother's pie crust recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More