- Cooking Time: n/a
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbs ice water
- Sift the flour with the salt into a bowl.
- With a pastry blender or the fingertips, blend the butter into the flour and salt mixture. Stir in the egg yolk and water.
- Form the pastry into a ball. Wrap it in wax paper and chill for two hours. Knead the pastry for one minute or until it holds together.
- Roll on lightly floured board and fit the pastry into 9" pie plate. You will have enough to use for stripping or ad added strip around the edge.
NotesMy mother's pie crust recipe
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More