- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 leeks
- 2 medium size red potatoes (1 to 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup of beef stock
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 3 egg yolks (optional)
- 1 cup of cream 35%
- 1tsp. butter
- fleur de sel or any other salt
- ground pepper
- Slice leeks 1/4 inch using the whites and light green only
- Peel potatoes, dice and set aside
- Melt butter in pan and coat the leeks at medium heat
- Add salt and pepper
- Cover and stir leeks every 2 minutes for 8 minutes making sure to wipe off the condensation on the cover every time.
- You can lower the heat to make sure the leeks don't brown too fast
- Meanwhile heat the beef stock and water and bring to a boil
- Once leeks are cooked, add to stock and add diced potatoes
- Let simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked
- Pass the soup in the blender and let cool down.
- Before serving, heat up soup with egg yolks and cream, stir for 2 minutes.
NotesThis recipe has been in my family forever! I traditionally make it in the fall when leeks are in season and freeze it for the cold winter days we get up here in Montreal... It's easy and comforting !! :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Lau Family Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More