- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 TB Olive Oil
- 2 TB Butter
- 4 large Leeks - Sliced
- 2 Shallots - Chopped
- 3 Red Onion - Chopped
- 4 Brown/Gold Onion (Or Mayan or Walla Walla)
- 3 White Onion - Chopped
- 2 Crushed Cloves (Of Garlic)
- 3 Sprigs of Thyme
- 4 Sprigs of Parsley
- 2 sprigs of Oregano
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp Mace
- 7 Grinds of Green peppercorns
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 hefty pinches of Kosher salt (Kosher salt is not as “Salty” as table salt)
- 3 Quarts of Mushroom or Beef Stock
- 1 ½ cups White wine
- ½ cup Brandy or Cognac
- 1 French Baguette cut into ½ inch slices and toasted
- Provolone (Shredded)
- Add 4 TB olive oil and 2 TB butter to stock pot on medium heat, add shallots and sweat, then add garlic and leeks & continue sweating.
- Toss in the yellow, white, and red onions. Sweat them too.
- Continue sweating until the onions cook down and begin to caramelize, this takes about 45 minutes. Deglaze pan with 1 ½ cups white wine and ½ cup Brandy… I like Pinot Grigio and PLEASE be careful to not ignite the brandy, unless you would prefer to burn off some of the alcohol.
- When the wine reduces & begins to thicken slightly, pour in Mushroom Stock and spices;
- Simmer uncovered for 1 hour
- Dish up into a Ramekin and place toast in middle of bowl.
- Sprinkle with Provolone & Parmagiano-Reggiano to taste and Broil in oven until the cheese becomes golden and bubbly. Serve in ramekin
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Katherine's Lemon Meringue Pie: Desperate Housewives
Kung Pao Chicken
TACO BAKESee More