- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C long grain rice
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small tomato,peeled and chopped (or 3 oz tomato sauce)
- 2 C boiling chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1. Saute the washed , drained rice in the hot oil until golden but not brown.
- 2. Add the onion, garlic, fresh tomato (if used) and cook slightly.
- 3 Add the boiling stock, salt and tomato sauce if substituted for the fresh tomato. Return to a boil, then lower heat, cover and cook on low heat until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Toss lightly with a fork before serving
NotesMy favorite Mexican Rice recipe