- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 pounds tart apples, sliced ( I some times use Northern Spy, Granny Smith and/or Fuji)
- 7 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tesaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3/4 cup sugar*
- *it's fine with 1/2 a cup, or even 2/3 cup.
- Place apples and half the water in a saucepan. Add cinnamon and lemon.
- Simmer until apples are soft. Rub apples through a fine sieve. Add remaining water and simmer while slowly adding the starch, sitting constantly. Add suga and simmer for 5 minutes. In cold weather serve hot. In warm or hot weather, serve cold (chill prior to serving.)
NotesNeed some apple sauce in the summer, but don't have any, or perhaps
you don't have the time to go get some? Want a warm soup in winter, but
mostly have apples in the refrigerator? This soup is for you! It can serve either need and it's wonderful! I have made it in the past, and enjoyed it, too!