- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryNeed some apple sauce in the summer, but don't have any, or perhaps
you don't have the time to go get some? Want a warm soup in winter, but
mostly have apples in the refrigerator? This soup is for you! It can serve either need and it's wonderful! I have made it in the past, and enjoyed it, too!
- 2 pounds tart apples, sliced ( I some times use Northern Spy, Granny Smith and/or Fuji)
- 7 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tesaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3/4 cup sugar*
- *it's fine with 1/2 a cup, or even 2/3 cup.
- Place apples and half the water in a saucepan. Add cinnamon and lemon.
- Simmer until apples are soft. Rub apples through a fine sieve. Add remaining water and simmer while slowly adding the starch, sitting constantly. Add suga and simmer for 5 minutes. In cold weather serve hot. In warm or hot weather, serve cold (chill prior to serving.)