- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 large carrots shredded
- 1lb ground turkey (or any preferred meat)
- 5oz vermicelli noodle
- Vegetable oil salt pepper
- Spring roll wrappers (found at any Asian market)
- 1 egg beaten
- First soak the vermicelli noodle in warm water to soften and then cut them into little ½”-1” sections. And drain.
- Direction for the filling:
- Brown ground turkey meat in a skillet and season with salt and pepper, drain any excess liquid from meat. Turn off heat and add onion, carrots, and vermicelli noodles, mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once filling is cooled you can start rolling your spring rolls in the wrapping paper. Beaten eggs is use used to seal the ends of the rolls. Deep fried in vegetable oil until golden brown.
NotesThis spring roll recipe has been used in our family ever since I was little, except it was made with ground beef, until the past two years where I told my mom it need to be a little healthier and suggested turkey and the turkey recipe stuck. But ever since I was little, whenever there was a party, friends and family would get together and help make them and talk and tell stories as we did.