- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 heaping cup of pre-cooked chicken (I used a store bought rotisserie chicken)
- 1 heaping cup of egg noodles
- 1 heaping cup of sliced zucchini, quartered (about 1 smallish zucchini) and cooked (boiled, steam, sauteed...whatever)
- 1 heaping cup of bite sized tomato cups (about 1 medium tomato)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup or so, pasta water
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350' F
- Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray (more of a precautionary thing than a necessity)
- Cook the egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain, saving the pasta water. Do not rinse the pasta (you want the starch. It helps to thicken the sauce)
- In a medium bowl, while the pasta is still hot, combine the pasta, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of butter. Stir until butter is melted. Stir in the pasta water along with the garlic powder, salt and pepper until you have a "runny" sauce. The pasta will probably soak up some of the sauce and it will thicken as the dish cools after cooking.
- Toss in the chicken, zucchini and tomatoes and toss
- Pour into your prepared 8x8 dish. Melt the other 1/4 cup of butter and combine with the bread crumbs. Crumble them evenly over the pasta. Then sprinkle 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly, melty and you know....yummy. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThis is a recipe that was developed after a near sleepless night. And I love it! The alfredo sauce is the star. The ingredients are simple. The flavors are direct.