- Cooking Time: 8 per batch
- Servings: 60 cookies
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1/2 cup shortning
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 oz) chocolate chips
- 1. In a large mixing bowl beat shortning and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 sec. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda. Beat until mixture is combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in chocolate pieces.
- 2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Bake in a 375°F over for 8-10 min or until edges are lightly browned.
NotesI got this recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens 75th anniversary edition cook book. I make these cookies very often. Everyone that has tasted it has asked me for the recipe. Whenever I am feeling blue then I make these cookies and they always soothe my soul.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More