- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes with green chilies, onion, and garlic in a soup pot. Add the shredded chicken. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, cayenne, and cumin. Simmer for 10-15 minutes longer.
- Cut the tortillas into 1/2 x 2-inch strips. Fry in hot olive oil in skillet until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and the tortilla strips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
MidLife Road Trip's
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More