- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes with green chilies, onion, and garlic in a soup pot. Add the shredded chicken. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, cayenne, and cumin. Simmer for 10-15 minutes longer.
- Cut the tortillas into 1/2 x 2-inch strips. Fry in hot olive oil in skillet until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and the tortilla strips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More