- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- - 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- - 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- - 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- - Seeds of 5 cardamom pods
- - 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- - 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- - 1 cup pumpkin puree (if you do not have one in advance, double the dose of carrots)
- - The juice of one orange zest
- - 800 ml of broth
- - Salt and pepper according your taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the onion (or sweat the onion, it means remove the water it contains, and start cooking it at the same time.Do not let them brown) add the spices and cook over medium heat 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the diced potato and cook 2 minutes, stir, add the carrots and pumpkin and cook 2 minutes.
- 3. Add the broth, orange juice, salt and pepper, bring to boiling , cover and cook 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- 4. Off the heat, add the orange zest, cover and steep 5 minutes. Mix the soup and strain.
- If the soup is too thick for your taste, add broth.
NotesSweet harmony of flavors in a landscape of bright and warming colors.The aromas of cardamom blend with orange and carrot.
Cardamom is stimulant, gives energy to the immune system, it warms the body. It acts against the loss of taste, indigestion, intestinal disorders, fatigue, stress. The Queen of Spices takes care of your whole body.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More