- Cooking Time: 80
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated.
- Sift the baking soda and flour together.
- Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating each egg 1 at a time.
- Add the vanilla and pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
NotesRecipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Bake Sale
Grandmother Paul's Sour Cream Pound Cake
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
MetroCooking DC 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More