- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
- 6 medium apples (cortland or macintosh)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Stick butter (very cold)
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1/8 Cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- • Core, peel and slice apples into thin pieces. A slicer peeler corer machine works best!
- • Mix 2 tablespoons of flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, and salt.
- • Add beaten egg, sour cream, vanilla and nutmeg. Mix well.
- • Fold in apples. Then pour into pie shell.
- • Bake @ 400 for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350, and bake for another 30 minutes.
- • Remove from heat and sprinkle topping on top of apples, bake again @ 400 for an additional 10 minutes.
- • For topping, combine 1/2 stick of butter (very cold), 1/2 cup of flour, 1/8 cup of sugar, and 1 tsp. of cinnamon. Cut with a pastry blender.
NotesThis is a family staple at Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Adventures in Cooking
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More