- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cups walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 container 16 oz sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch to 10-inch tube pan with removable bottom; dust with flour. In small bowl, mix 2/3 cup sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 2. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat remaining 1 3/4 cups sugar and butter until blended, scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Increase speed to high; beat until creamy, about 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Reduce speed to low; add eggs, 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- 3. With mixer at low speed, add flour mixture alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating until batter is smooth, occasionally scraping bow. Beat in vanilla.
- 4. Spoon one-third of batter into prepared tube pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup nut mixture evenly over batter, then spread half of remaining battter on top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup more nut mixture; layer with remaining batter, then remaining nut mixture.
- 5. Bake cake 1 hour 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. With small metal spatula, loosen cake from side of pan and lift cake from pan bottom. Invert cake onto plate; remove bottom of pan, immediately invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely, with nut mixture on top.
NotesRecipe I got from my sister.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More