- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a round, 8-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time, then the sour cream and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and fold them into the moist ingredients until well blended.
- Spoon half the batter into the baking pan, spreading it to the edges.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, allspice and walnuts.
- Scatter half the brown sugar mixture on top of the batter.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, then the rest of the sugar mixture.
- To marbleize the layers, insert a round-tipped knife into the batter and swirl it around.
- Bake the cake about 1 hour, until it shrinks from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Cooking for a Cure
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More