- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb hamburger meat
- 1 lb longhorn cheese, grated
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 or 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 1 pkg large flour tortillas
- 1 carton sour cream - 16 oz.
- chopped green onions (optional)
- Brown hamburger, salted and peppered. (Can use a little Greek seasoning, too.) Drain meat. In large pan (like a stew pot) put soup, green chilies, sour cream, and half of the longhorn cheese and half of the monterey jack cheese. Heat and stir just until cheese melts. Then take 1/2 of this heated mixture and add to the browned hamburger, stirring well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, put a few spoonfuls of the heated cheese mixture (from the large stew pot) and spread it around to thinly cover the bottom of the pan. Then spoon some of the meat mixture onto a tortilla (in a line) and wrap the tortilla around the meat. Place the filled/wrapped tortilla into the 9 x 13 pan, with the loose edge down to keep the tortilla closed. After completely filling the pan with stuffed tortillas, spoon the remaining melted cheese mixture over the top of the filled tortillas, making sure to cover all of the exposed parts of the tortillas. Cover the whole pan with the remaining grated cheese (and chopped green onions, if desired.) Bake @ 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes, or until top is browned
NotesThis recipe is a favorite of mine!! My mom used to make these when I was a kid. She would only make them like once a year so I would always as her to make them on my birthday. I made these for my husband not too long ago and he LOVED them. I hope you guys enjoy!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More