- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated peeled potato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, potato, onion, egg, garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, soup mix and remaining pepper; pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings
NotesThis reminds me of when we lived in Minnesota and my mother would make Swedish meatballs all of the time. This recipe is good served over whole wheat noodles. It is a bit bland. The next time I would spice it up just a little bit...maybe a little bit more pepper in the sauce and meat mixture. I also used fresh sliced mushrooms.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More