- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (2 1/2 to 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package Fleischmann's Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine -- cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- Sesame or poppy seeds
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat sour cream, water and butter until very warm (120 to 130F); stir into dry ingredients. Stir in 1 egg and enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces; roll each piece to smooth ball. Place balls on greased baking sheet; cover. Place large, shallow pan on counter; half-fill with boiling water. Place baking sheet on pan. Let rise 20 minutes.
- With scissors, make six snips (3/4-inch deep) around outside edge of each roll. Beat remaining egg; brush on rolls. Sprinkle with sesame seed. Bake at 400F for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Remove from sheet; cool on wire rack.
- From Bean. She topped with garlic and poppy seeds/sesame seeds