- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup commercial sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. lemon extract (I used lemon peel)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Cream butter, then gradually add the sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine the flour and baking soda, then add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just blended after each addition. Stir in flavorings.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F oven for 65 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- If desired, sprinkle cake with powdered sugar. Makes one 10-inch cake.
NotesI love the magazine Southern Living. Through their annual recipes cookbook 1989 I found this pound cake recipe. Since my family loves pound cake, I keep trying new recipes looking for the peace de resistance of cakes. Will this be the one...you decide!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More