- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryThis recipe converted me to waffles. You can bake them Belgian style or regular. These are crunchy on the outside and creamy texture on the inside. I have been making these for over 20 some years!
- •2 CUPS FLOUR
- •2 1/2 TABLESPOONS BAKING POWDER
- •3/4 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- •1/2 TABLESPOON PLUS 1 1/2 TEASPOON SUGAR
- •4 EGGS SEPERATED, WHIP THE WHITES AND KEEP SEPERATED
- •1 CUP SOUR CREAM
- •1 1/2 CUP MILK
- •3/4 CUP PLUS 2 TABLESPOON MELTED BUTTER
- •1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1.SIFT THE DRY (I DONT ALWAYS DO THIS BUT I GUESS YOU SHOULD, MINE STILL ARE ALWAYS GOOD) BEAT ALL THE WET. ADD TO THE DRY. ADD THE WHITES. THEN ADD TO HOT GRIDDLE AND ENJOY.
- 2.SERVE WITH WARM MAPLE SYRUP AND BACON. OR FRUIT AND WHIP CREAM.
- 3.OR IF YOUR LUCKY ENOUGH HAVE IT LATER WITH ICE CREAM AND MAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES.
- 4.OK, ONE TIME I RAN OUT OF BUTTER AND USED OIL. BUT THE DO NOT TASTE THE SAME. IF YOU ARE INDULDGING YOU NEED THE BUTTER!