SOUR CREAM WAFFLES
- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- •2 CUPS FLOUR
- •2 1/2 TABLESPOONS BAKING POWDER
- •3/4 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- •1/2 TABLESPOON PLUS 1 1/2 TEASPOON SUGAR
- •4 EGGS SEPERATED, WHIP THE WHITES AND KEEP SEPERATED
- •1 CUP SOUR CREAM
- •1 1/2 CUP MILK
- •3/4 CUP PLUS 2 TABLESPOON MELTED BUTTER
- •1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1.SIFT THE DRY (I DONT ALWAYS DO THIS BUT I GUESS YOU SHOULD, MINE STILL ARE ALWAYS GOOD) BEAT ALL THE WET. ADD TO THE DRY. ADD THE WHITES. THEN ADD TO HOT GRIDDLE AND ENJOY.
- 2.SERVE WITH WARM MAPLE SYRUP AND BACON. OR FRUIT AND WHIP CREAM.
- 3.OR IF YOUR LUCKY ENOUGH HAVE IT LATER WITH ICE CREAM AND MAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES.
- 4.OK, ONE TIME I RAN OUT OF BUTTER AND USED OIL. BUT THE DO NOT TASTE THE SAME. IF YOU ARE INDULDGING YOU NEED THE BUTTER!
NotesThis recipe converted me to waffles. You can bake them Belgian style or regular. These are crunchy on the outside and creamy texture on the inside. I have been making these for over 20 some years!