- Cooking Time: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 Cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 2/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped dates or raisins
- Mix and sift the dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening very fine as for pastry.
- Beat eggs and add to the cream.
- Add brown sugar to cream and combine with the dry ingredients.
- Add nuts and fruit.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 16 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More