- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon pickling spice
- 4 whole garlic cloves, smashed
- Combine the onion and cucumber slices in a jar.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the garlic, in a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 4 full minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves to the jar. Slowly pour the pickling liquid over the onion and cucumber slices, filling to the top of the jar.
- Cool to room temperature. Lid and refrigerate for a week to let the flavors develop. Consume within 2 months.