- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe sugar cookie dough
- 2 tbs. plus 1 1/2 tsp. blue raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1/4 tsp. blue gel food coloring
- 2 tbs. plus 1 1/2 tsp. strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1/4 tsp. red gel food coloring
- Remove dough from waxed paper.
- Divide dough in half and put in separate bowls. Let dough stand for 15 minutes.
- Add blue raspberry gelatin and blue food coloring to dough in one bowl.
- Add strawberry gelatin and red food coloring in the other bowl.
- Beat doughs separately at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended and evenly colored.
- Wrap doughs separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured waxed paper, roll blue dough to a 6 in.x 10 in. (15 cm x 25 cm) rectangle. Repeat with the red dough.
- Refrigerate both rectangles for 10 minutes.
- Flip blue rectangle dough onto the red rectangle dough.
- Remove the waxed paper from the blue dough.
- Starting on the long side, roll into a tight log, remove the waxed paper from the red dough as you roll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- *Preheat oven to 350.F (175.C) and grease cookie sheets.
- Cut log into 1/4-inch (6.5 cm) slices and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are firm but not browned.
- Cool on cookies sheets for 2 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More