- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe sugar cookie dough
- 2 tbs. plus 1 1/2 tsp. blue raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1/4 tsp. blue gel food coloring
- 2 tbs. plus 1 1/2 tsp. strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1/4 tsp. red gel food coloring
- Remove dough from waxed paper.
- Divide dough in half and put in separate bowls. Let dough stand for 15 minutes.
- Add blue raspberry gelatin and blue food coloring to dough in one bowl.
- Add strawberry gelatin and red food coloring in the other bowl.
- Beat doughs separately at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended and evenly colored.
- Wrap doughs separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured waxed paper, roll blue dough to a 6 in.x 10 in. (15 cm x 25 cm) rectangle. Repeat with the red dough.
- Refrigerate both rectangles for 10 minutes.
- Flip blue rectangle dough onto the red rectangle dough.
- Remove the waxed paper from the blue dough.
- Starting on the long side, roll into a tight log, remove the waxed paper from the red dough as you roll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- *Preheat oven to 350.F (175.C) and grease cookie sheets.
- Cut log into 1/4-inch (6.5 cm) slices and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are firm but not browned.
- Cool on cookies sheets for 2 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Koken met Oma
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More