- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Servings: about 16 pancakes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for the griddle
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat a griddle on medium-high. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, add bananas, sourdough starter, buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla; whisk to combine. Add to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Brush a little melted butter on the griddle. Pour the pancake batter by ¼ cups onto the griddle, keeping the pools of batter 2 inches apart. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 ½ minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
NotesWhat do you do when you have overripe bananas and sourdough starter that needs to be used? Why, make pancakes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Social CookbookSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More