- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Servings: about 16 pancakes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for the griddle
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat a griddle on medium-high. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, add bananas, sourdough starter, buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla; whisk to combine. Add to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Brush a little melted butter on the griddle. Pour the pancake batter by ¼ cups onto the griddle, keeping the pools of batter 2 inches apart. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 ½ minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
NotesWhat do you do when you have overripe bananas and sourdough starter that needs to be used? Why, make pancakes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More