- Cooking Time: 4 minutes per waffle
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup sourdough starter (166% hydration recommended)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon barley malt syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled slightly (or 1/4 cup neutrally flavored oil)
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a large bowl, combine the sourdough starter, water, milk, eggs, malt syrup and butter. In a small bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- If the batter is too thick, add a little water, keeping in mind that the batter needs to be on the thin side
- Heat your waffle iron and do whatever it is you're suppose to do with whichever waffle iron you happen have. If you have heat settings on yours (mine doesn't)....set it on high...sourdough needs that high heat.
NotesI've been puttering in the kitchen with a sourdough starter. These waffles were the first thing I made with my new starter. They're quick and easy and taste great!
MidLife Road Trip's
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More