- Cooking Time: 4 minutes per waffle
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup sourdough starter (166% hydration recommended)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon barley malt syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled slightly (or 1/4 cup neutrally flavored oil)
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a large bowl, combine the sourdough starter, water, milk, eggs, malt syrup and butter. In a small bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- If the batter is too thick, add a little water, keeping in mind that the batter needs to be on the thin side
- Heat your waffle iron and do whatever it is you're suppose to do with whichever waffle iron you happen have. If you have heat settings on yours (mine doesn't)....set it on high...sourdough needs that high heat.
NotesI've been puttering in the kitchen with a sourdough starter. These waffles were the first thing I made with my new starter. They're quick and easy and taste great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More