- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 2 nice loaves
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sour dough starter
- 4 cups of flour (can be 1/3 wheat)
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 Tablespoons butter or oil (I use butter)
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 Tablespoons gluten (I have made it without the gluten with good results)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (I use bottled RealLemon)
- Add the ingredients to your breadmachine pan as directed by your manufacture. Mine calls for the liquid first.
- Just be sure the salt is seperated from the yeast.
- Start the breadmachine (using the dough setting)
- You may have to add some water, depending on how thick your starter is. Just add until you get the dough to hold together and when you touch it, it is not sticky, make sure is not too dry. This is where I use my whey from the yogurt that I make, but water will do just as well.
- Sometimes I have to restart the Zoey, just to make sure that it is kneaded enough.
- I always use the breadmachine to knead it and then I bake it in my oven. After the machine beeps, I take it out and knead it a few times, then form into loaves, let rise for about 25 to 35 minutes, then bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
NotesSourdough bread recipe you're gonna love! I have a Zojirushi breadmachine. This recipe is one I came up with when I got my starter going really good. It is good bread and you can use 1/3 wheat flour instead of all white. It has a nice sour taste and it does use yeast. I can make it without, but we prefer it when I add the yeast. I have been making bread ever since I can remember, it is hard for me to come up with a written recipe, as I go by feel.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce