- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup sourdough starter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cream together the brown sugar and butter.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Blend in the starter.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add them to the sugar mixture.
- Blend in the hot water and transfer to a 9-inch round baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More