- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup sourdough starter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cream together the brown sugar and butter.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Blend in the starter.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add them to the sugar mixture.
- Blend in the hot water and transfer to a 9-inch round baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More