- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup sourdough starter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cream together the brown sugar and butter.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Blend in the starter.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add them to the sugar mixture.
- Blend in the hot water and transfer to a 9-inch round baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Sweet Roll Dough
Rosemary and goat cheese crostinis
Weiner-Bean CasseroleSee More