- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C flour
- 2 C warm water
- 1/2 C sourdough starter
- 2 tbl. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbl. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda, dissolved in 1 tbl. water
- Add flour and water to starter.
- Beat until smooth and let stand in a warm place overnight.
- Reserve 1/2 C starter and put back in refrigerator.
- To the batter, add sugar, salt, baking powder and oil.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gently fold in dissolved baking soda.
- Do not stir after baking soda has been added. Cook on moderately hot, greased griddle.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More