- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 2 cups thinly sliced Simply Roasted Pork (about 12 ounces)
- 2 (7-ounce) bottles roasted red bell peppers, drained
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Combine parsley mixture, cheese, and mayonnaise, stirring well.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over each bread slice; top each of 4 slices with 1/2 cup arugula and 1/2 cup Simply Roasted Pork. Arrange red bell peppers evenly over pork. Top each serving with remaining 4 bread slices. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally.
NotesThis goes with the "Simply Roast Pork" recipe that I have also posted. These sandwiches are great. The only thing that I would change next time is that I would use my Cuisinart to make the mayo sauce and not the blender as then blender did not chop up the parsley well. Also make sure that you drain and pat dry the roasted red peppers well or you will end up with soggy bread. Yes I did use the anchovy paste for the first time in my life and I lived to tell about it.
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More