- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine or quick active dry yeast
- 4 cups lukewarm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or Better for Bread bread flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in large glass bowl. Stir in flour and sugar. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Cover loosely; let stand at room temperature about 1 week or until mixture is bubbly and has a sour aroma. Transfer to 2-quart or larger nonmetal bowl with tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make Sourdough Starter at least 1 week before making bread. Stir cold starter; measure cold starter, and let stand until room temperature (starter will expand as it warms up).
- Care of Sourdough Starter: Use Sourdough Starter once a week or stir in 1 teaspoon sugar. After using starter, replenish it by stirring in 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup water and 1 teaspoon sugar until smooth. Cover loosely; let stand in warm place at least 1 day until bubbly. Cover tightly; refrigerate until ready to use.
Decadent Desserts Made From
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More