- Cooking Time: 240-360
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 100
- 1 (5–8 lbs) pork butt, bone in
- 3 oz chili powder
- 3 oz salt
- 3 oz brown sugar
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 24 oz lager beer
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pinch sugar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine spices together and rub in to pork; place in a deep pan or pot.
- Add vinegar and beer, cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook in a 300° F oven for 4–6 hours or until the pork is tender and falling off the bone.
- When pork is done, reserve cooking liquid and allow the meat to cool in the refrigerator for about 1½ hours then pull it apart removing any fat or bone.
- Finish it by mixing in about half of the cooking liquid along with the BBQ sauce and season to taste.
- Combine the cabbage, carrots and red onion in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and sugar.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss gently to mix.
- Season the cole slaw with the celery seed, salt and black pepper.
- Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serve the pork warm on a potato roll topped with the cole slaw.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More