- Cooking Time: 240-360
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 100
- 1 (5–8 lbs) pork butt, bone in
- 3 oz chili powder
- 3 oz salt
- 3 oz brown sugar
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 24 oz lager beer
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pinch sugar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine spices together and rub in to pork; place in a deep pan or pot.
- Add vinegar and beer, cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook in a 300° F oven for 4–6 hours or until the pork is tender and falling off the bone.
- When pork is done, reserve cooking liquid and allow the meat to cool in the refrigerator for about 1½ hours then pull it apart removing any fat or bone.
- Finish it by mixing in about half of the cooking liquid along with the BBQ sauce and season to taste.
- Combine the cabbage, carrots and red onion in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and sugar.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss gently to mix.
- Season the cole slaw with the celery seed, salt and black pepper.
- Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serve the pork warm on a potato roll topped with the cole slaw.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More