- Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- Servings: (8))
- 4 whole eggs separated
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas sliced
- vanilla wafer cookies
- Beat 4 eggs yolks slightly. Add to the egg yolks 2/3 cups sugar, 1/8 tsp. salt and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Add this to 3 cups milk. Place in saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add vanilla extract.
- Layer vanilla wafers and bananas in 8 inch square baking dish. Stand vanilla wafers up around sides of dish. Pour pudding over vanilla wafers and bananas.
- Beat egg whites until frothy and add 5 tablespoons granulated sugar. Beat until stiff and add vanilla extract. Spread on top of pudding and bake in slow oven 300 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown on tips.
- This custard may be prepared in microwave oven by cooking in a microwave container.
- Cook 3 min. stir; cook 3 min. stir; cook 2 min, stir
- Cook 1 min. stir; cook 1 min. stir; pour after desired consistency is reached.
NotesThis recipe has been enjoyed by our family for years. Mother made it when I was a little girl. She would change it now and then and make it coconut pudding, but the banana is the best. Hmmm... hot banana pudding. Enough said!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Ro-tel Rice Casserole
herby lamb chops with roast vegetablesSee More